Monday, May 19, 2008

Can I Start Today Over Please???

Monday's...I always have a hard time with them. The weekends never seem long enough. This morning was particularly hard. I think I left my brain in bed. I got into my car and started it up and realized that my cat wasn't in the window seeing us off as usual. I had closed my bedroom door so I figured he was in there. So I turn off the car, take my keys out of my ignition, unlock my front door, let my cat out of my room, lock my front door, get back into my car, start it, put it into reverse and press the gas. Nothing happens. ???? I try to start it again. Nothing happens. Try to start it again. NOTHING!! What in the world??? OK, so I try to take my keys out of the ignition. They are stuck! What in the world??? Is my battery dead? Look around, no one in sight. Do I call AAA. No, I will call my boss.

Me: Hi, its Emily...I am having a slight problem this morning. I started my car (cat story, blah, blah, blah) and now I can't start it again and my key is stuck in the ignition, what do I do???

my boss: I will be there in 20 minutes. Um, is your car in gear?

Me: Looking at the gear shift...DUH...it's still in REVERSE! OK, I'm blond! Thanks!

So, then I get to work. My bosses brother is there with is daughter. He is always in a rush. He has a 9 am meeting. It is 8:30. He still has to drop his daughter at school. My boss volunteers me to. They give me the directions. Simple...Left at, right at. OK got it...repeat it back. Driving. Completely forgot what he said. Forgot my cell phone at office. Turn right, convinced that is what he said, I repeated it, I should know. Looking for a street called Buchanan. Can't find it. Turn around and go the other way past where I turned right. Pass a street called Hubbard. Oh, yes! That is it! Where is my brain today??? She did make it to school on time though and I got a free tank of gas out of the deal.

No comments: