

So, anyway...this brings me to a story for today. My day started out better than yesterday, but again, was disrupted because of the cat.
I arrive at work and am just getting settled in when my cell phone rings. I answer and it is the secretary at Eric's school.
Her: Hi, this is Mrs. *** from **** elementary. Eric is in the office and boy to I have a story for you. *oh no, what could it be, I just dropped him off 45 minutes ago.* He said after you dropped him off this morning, he saw 2 of the neighbor kids in the hallway and they told him that your cat had escaped. He is very upset. Would you like to talk to him.
So, I talk to my boy and re-assure him that everything is going to be fine. I will go home right now and put the cat in. He is very happy. It is a 40 minute commute from my job to my house. So yes, I had just got to work, and I had to turn around and go back home. Luckily, I have an understanding boss.
To be absolutly sure the boys weren't just trying to be mean to Eric (they are 5th graders and known troublemakers), I called a neighbor hoping she hadn't left for work yet. I just couldn't understand how he could've escaped, I saw him sitting on the arm of the couch as I closed the door and I didn't want to drive all that way to find him safely in my apartment. But,sure enough she said, my cat was poking around in his favorite place, the flower bed. He had to have slipped out as I was closing the door. She said she would keep an eye on him until I got there. She put him in her bathroom because she has 2 cats of her own. He was very nervous, but happy to see me when I arrived.
I then called Eric's school back to have them let Eric know the cat was safe and sound, so he wouldn't spend his day worring. The secretary said what a great mom I am and told me of another parent in the office that gave her a strange look as she was making the phone call. My boss also said that the cat would've been alright outside all day, but I also wouldn't have been able to concentrate worrying about the cat as I know Eric was.
No comments:
Post a Comment