Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memories

Hey Anna and Risa, I thought this would bring back some memories...

Click here!

UPDATE!

Here is the link to the page I found the music on...it is the C.L. Barn House Music Company's Website...click on the song link and most have both an mp3 of the song and a pdf of the sheet music.

8 comments:

Risa said...

I tried to click on it and couldn't! It never loaded...:( That's funny we both posted the same type of post at the same time though! :) Maybe it's Memorial Day weekend that put us in the mood! :)

Risa said...

Yep! I remember! Made me want to get out my flute and play along! :) I asked Luke what he wanted to play when he gets older - we take it for granted that he will be into music - and he said he wants to play either the electric guitar or the base drum! LOL Hopefully his tastes will change over the next couple of years but in the mean time I plan on starting them in piano lessons next fall just so they can start to learn music before they get to the point of actually picking out an instrument. :)

Anna said...

That was great Emily!! How in the heck did you remember all of those songs, the only one I can remember playing is Glory, oh and Stars and Stripes Forever (remember the piccolo solo Risa)!:) Ahh the good ole days!

Emily said...

I am glad you girls enjoyed it! It was fun finding all those songs. I went out and bought some reeds for my clairnet the other day and all the memories came back. I went online to try to find some sheet music and found mp3's of all these songs along with sheet music, but it is kind of hard to read because it is for every instrument so only one line a sheet. I was trying to play "Stars and Stripes Forever" from memory and Eric was laughing at me...I can't hit those high notes like I used to!

Anna said...

I don't have my original flute anymore, but my hubby went out and bought me a piece of junk one from wally world. It's just not the same:( I would LOVE to get back to playing how I used to though!

Risa said...

How could you get rid of your flute?!? I played my at Tech while I was there (pep band and a flute ensemble for the wind symphony) and I played for church up until we moved to Indiana. I haven't played much since then but I don't think I could ever get rid of my flute and piccolo - even though I don't play much anymore, they are almost a part of me.

Risa said...

Oh! You are going to have to post the websites where you found the music - it would be fun to try to play them again...my kids would probably laugh at me too!

Unknown said...

hehe - i got a swearengin cd a few years back. gotta love it. my husband thought i was nuts when i was "singing" to it.