Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I made an offer...

On a condo! I wasn't even looking and happened to come across a condo listing in Thursday's paper. I set up an appointment to look at it on Saturday. Friday I did some online searches and found another in the same complex in foreclosure listed much cheaper than the one I was looking at. I called the Realtor to set up a showing. So Saturday I looked at 2 condos. Monday I got pre-approved and I made an offer on the one in foreclosure. They countered my offer, which was expected because I went in fairly low. Now the fun begins! I added $3000 to my offer today. I doubt they will accept, but hopefully we can meet in the middle.

2 comments:

Amie said...

Good luck! How exciting :)

Risa said...

How fun! You will have to post pictures or a listing so we can see what you are trying to get into! :)

From what I understand - and what I've experienced - Banks don't usually like to budge much on foreclosures - which sucks because they usually need more TLC than the average home! But I guess if there is money owed on it they want that they didn't get out of the previous owners!

Hope it works out for you!:)